PROCEDURE FOR GETTING ADMISSION IN POLYTECHNIC:
Under the Department of Technical Education. Andhra Pradesh, there are both Government and Private Institutions offering Polytechnic courses including a few non-engineering courses. Admission to these Polytechnic courses is based on a Common Entrance Test. For appearing to this Common Entrance Test, a student should have secured minimum 50% marks in his 10th class. Candidates are selected to these courses, based on their merit in the common entrance test. For other Non-Engineering and Polytechnic courses, admissions are based on the marks obtained in 10th class.
In view of steep increase in the number of candidates appearing for CEEP Examination and in the number of seats in Polytechnics, Government have decided to conduct Web Based Counseling for admission in to polytechnics to facilitate commencement of academic session in time. In this process every candidate who seeks admission has to attend for Certificate verification in any one of the Help Line Centers (HLC) Convenient to him/her. After Verification of Certificates Candidates have to Exercise Options indicating courses and polytechnics in which they are interested in joining, in the order of preference for allotment of seats. Considering the options exercised by the candidates, allotment will be made based on merit and category. Details of allotment will be placed on the Web. Candidates have to download the allotment order and to pay the Tuition fee, if any, in any one of the branches of Andhra Bank/Indian Bank in the state and report to the Polytechnic concerned. However, SC/ST/BC/Minority/PH and few EBC Categories as ordered by the Govt. are exempted from payment of tuition fee if parental income from all sources is up to rupees one lakh. However, these candidates have to pay board recognization fee etc as prescribed.
EVERY CANDIDATE HAS TO PASS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE OF ACTIVITIES/STEPS FOR ALLOTMENT OF SEATS
Registration (At Help Line Centre):
1) Report at Any one of the Help Line Centres convenient to you as per the schedule. 2) Handover the Rank Card at Entrance 3) Pay Registration Cum Counseling Fee and obtain Receipt 4) Sign in the Register 5) Collect Registration- Cum-Verification Form. 6) Proceed to Verification Hall for certificate verification.
Certificate verification (At Help Line Centre):
1) Proceed to Caste Verification if BC/SC/ST/Minority as the case may be. 2) After Caste Verification hand over all other certificates and Registration-Cum- Verification form to Verification Officer. 3) If you belong to OC Category handover certificates to Verification Officer without going for caste Verification. 4) Verify the Details printed on Receipt of Certificates and affix the signature and collect the same from Chief Verification Officer. 5) Proceed to Briefing Hall.
Briefing (At Help Line Centre):
1) Collect Manual Option Form, Specimen option form, instruction Manual, Polytechnic and Course Code sheet from Briefing Officer. 2) Listen to the Officer regarding mode of filling the Manual Option form and Specimen option form. 3) Use Manual Option Form or Specimen Option Form as per your Convenience. It is advised fill the option numbers in Manual Option form first and then transfer options numbers into specimen option form. 4) The Officer will demonstrate on how to register and enter options. 5) Clarify the doubts by interacting with officer. 6) Leave the Hall and Prepare for Selection of Options in the Option Form supplied to you.
Activity (At Candidates Home):
1) Consult your Parents, Teachers and Friends for selecting Polytechnic and courses. 2) Prioritize them in the Manual Option Form. 3) Transfer them on to the Specimen Option Form by entering your Priority Number against College and Course Code. 4) You can exercise any number of options to avoid disappointment of not securing a seat. 5) Check twice and change the priority if you wish to do so.
Exercising Options (At Internet Café or Residence or Help Line Centre):
1). You Can Exercise options from any internet centre or Internet from your house or from any helpline centre. 2) Type the URL http://apceep.nic.in. 3) Click on Candidate Registration. 4) Enter your ICR Form Number (Found on your Rank Card or CEEP Hall ticket). 5) Enter CEEP Hall ticket number, Rank and your date of birth and click on "Generate Password". 6) Enter a Password of 6 characters length with at least one numeric. 7) Re-enter the password and do not disclose this to anyone. 8) Enter the ICR Form Number, Hall Ticket number, password and date of birth in Candidate Login. 9) Read the instructions and click in the Check Box and Option Entry. 10) Enter your option numbers on the screen as per your filled in specimen option form. 11) Save the Options for every 2 to 3 minutes and after completion. 12) View your saved options and take a printout. 13) You can change the password if you wish. 14) You can add new options or modified or delete any existing option before the last date prescribed (08.06.2009). 15) On the last day of schedule options last exercised by you will be frozen and you should take a print out. 16) IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE THE OPTIONS ONCE AGAIN AFTER FREEZING, APPROACH ANY ONE OF THE HELP LINE CENTRES EITHER ON GIVEN DATE TO MODIFY YOUR FROZEN OPTIONS. THIS IS THE FINAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFTER THIS NO FURTHER CHANGE CAN BE DONE. THE OPTIONS RECORDED IN THE SERVER ON THE LASTDAY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALLOTMENT OF SEATS.
1) Allotments will be placed in Website http://apceep.nic.in . 2) Enter the ICR Form Number, Hall Ticket number, Password and date of birth in Candidate Login. 3) Download the allotment order and challan form for payment of fee. 4) Pay the fees if any, in any Branch of Andhra Bank/Indian Bank. 5) Report to Polytechnic concerned with receipt and allotment order before the given date. 6) Failure to report by the date stipulated will automatically result in cancellation of seat.